Nutanix is certified to run SAP HANA
Thanks and credits for this article to David Penny of OpalWave
To run SAP HANA you need certified, high performing and reliable infrastructure. Many organisations facing their HANA upgrade often feel they have to adopt a public cloud hosting solution as the costs and hassles associated with hosting these large power-hungry appliances on premises are no longer commercially viable and many commercial Private Cloud available on the market are simply not SAP certified. However private cloud and DC hosted certified solutions are more cost effective and potentially technically superior alternatives to Public Cloud. Clients need to find a MSP that offers SAP Certified hosted solutions.
Fujitsu’s single node Primeflex appliances and Fujitsu Nutanix Enterprise Cloud on Primergy however are fully SAP HANA certified. Nutanix’s AHV (Acropolis hypervisor) is native, enterprise-grade virtualisation. It doesn’t need to be a distinct layer of the IT stack that has to be licensed, deployed and managed separately.
SAP has a rigorous certification process for hosting SAP HANA. Nutanix AHV was the first Hypervisor Certified for Production SAP HANA on Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI). As part of the certification Nutanix had to demonstrate that, with minimal overhead, virtualised SAP HANA databases on HCI not only offer exceptionally performance but are also scalable, highly available, resilient and secure.
HCI enterprise cloud option combines the advantages of appliance and tailored Data Centre integration solutions by being highly scalable, flexible and easy to deploy and manage, while delivering predictable outstanding performance. With the Nutanix platform, all infrastructure and applications, including virtual machines running HANA databases, can be managed from a single interface through Nutanix Prism. Nutanix Prism not only provides a consolidated, highly graphical and intuitive view for monitoring and reporting, it also leverages modern machine learning algorithms to predict future resource needs and provides proactive and actionable recommendations for better infrastructure administration.
This combination of hardware and software simplifies the SAP customer journey to an enterprise cloud. It provides that elasticity, simplified management, consolidated infrastructure visibility and the speed advantages of public cloud. However, with private cloud the organisations also have full control over data residency (at their specific location of choice) and their own choice of security systems and policies. Working with an MSP that offers SAP certified hosting solutions also benefits the client with the 24/7 expertise to manage their environment and provide dedicated support when required.
Here is the Nutanix article on certification: https://www.nutanix.com/blog/hypervisor-certified-production-sap-hana-hyperconverged-infrastructure-hci-another-first-nutanix-ahv
Article ends, all credits to David Penny of OpalWave
Take a test drive of Nutanix infrastructure with no hardware, setup, or cost. Experience the simplicity and agility of public cloud combined with the performance, security, and control of private cloud via an easy-to-follow guided tour. You can spin around on your own, or, Datanet, your Nutanix Hosting partner, can arrange for a co-pilot to take you on the guided tour. Just fill out the form below and we will have you on your way
Why you can trust Datanet with your Nutanix Hosting:
- Datanet have been hosting business critical applications for over twenty years
- We own and operate our own data centre with a special focus on Nutanix Hosting
- Each Nutanix customer solution resides in its own physically separate rack space with its own locked door with room to scale
- Nutanix customers can have dedicated layer 2 connections to their rack space in our data centre, bringing your Nutanix on-net to your office LAN
- Nutanix customers benefit from generous bandwidth, generous power to your rack space and generous remote hands support, all together exploiting the performance of your Nutanix
- We have qualified Nutanix engineers on site to look after your environment
- Nutanix customers can use our Fleet offices as part of you disaster recovery and business continuity plan
- As well as our own Fleet data centre, we also have resilience covered with Nutanix Hosting in two London data centres (THN & HEX) and our partner site CIX.ie in the south of Ireland
- We are very accommodating and helpful, we want to make your stay at Datanet more like a hotel than a retirement home, you’re not locked in and we will even help you on your way when the time comes
- You’ve simplified the operation and management by choosing Nutanix, now simplify the accommodation
Get your Nutanix Hosting at Datanet
Get your Nutanix Hosting at Datanet in our UK secure, modern, accommodating and helpful M3 data centre
Why choose Datanet to host and look after your Nutanix
- Engineers on site to support your Nutanix Hosting
- Nutanix Hosting in private dedicated rack space in our M3 data centre
- We specialise in Nutanix HyperConverged Infrastructure
- Backups across our UK data centres from 5p a GB (as little as £50 per TB)
- Extend your office LAN out to the data centre with Gigabit connection from as little as £499 pm (subject to location and survey)
- Nutanix Hosting complemented by desk space, work space, BC/DR space and meeting rooms
- Include a FortiGate Enterprise class next generation firewall for maximum protection
- Read the full FortiGate 100F datasheet here and the Gartner Magic Quadrant report here
To find out more about how Datanet can help, call Jeremy or Conleth on 01252 810010, or email email@example.com or simply fill out the form below and we will be in touch.