Upgrading our Veeam Cloud Services
New & Improved Veeam Cloud Connect with Additional Veeam Services
Datanet, together with our Platinum Veeam partner, ThinkOn, are upgrading our Veeam Cloud Connect infrastructure during March 2020. This will help Datanet customers to take advantage of the newest Version (Veeam Availability Suite v10) which will be available in late April’20. This V10 version is a breaking release which means that you should not upgrade before us, wait for our notice to upgrade and you can then benefit from all the new features and improvements.
Why we are Upgrading
Our upgrade is being driven on several fronts. First, to be able to take advantage of the new ThinkOn hardware and storage array in our Fleet data centre. Second, to take advantage of the improved internal performance and management of our Veeam infrastructure through the more recent releases of Veeam Availability Suite that are specifically designed for Service Providers. And third, to offer our customers additional services that may be important to your current and future IT needs.
• Secure Backup for Microsoft Office365 – Providing you a simple to use GUI & service that backups Email, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams. You have the ability to create ad-hoc restores and backups.
• Object Storage – Versatile storage similar to AWS S3 with certified destruction of data and no in/out fees. Storage tiering and multiple use cases with this type of storage.
• RansomGuard powered by Veeam Cloud Connect – Provides protection from accidental or malicious deletion as well as ransomware attacks. A repository on Datanet backend retains deleted data for the length of your active backup chain. It can only be accessed by specific request from you.
• Backup for Nutanix private cloud and hyperconverged infrastructure – Provides additional protection for your private, hybrid and public cloud data.
What will change for You?
Further to this update, we will be sending out individual guides to explain everything you need to do to move to our new platform. Datanet will work with you to confirm the time to complete this switch in order to minimise the impact on you. This will be a straightforward handheld migration providing increased performance and lots of benefits for you our customer.
OK so now I just wait for Datanet to contact me again?
Yes, that’s right, but if you want to know more about Veeam then just read on…
Veeam Cloud Connect has proven to be a very popular and reliable method for you to backup your virtual machines, physical servers and end point devices to the cloud in Datanet’s UK data centre. We are now moving the service to new hardware in our AHF (Aspen House Fleet) data centre, this will mean a few changes you need to help us with so we can deliver an even better service.
Meanwhile, here is a list of the features and benefits of Veeam Cloud Connect along with the new improvements you will benefit from.
Improvements and new features for Veeam Cloud Connect
- Our Veeam Platinum Partner, ThinkOn, will be providing and managing the VCC environment from our AHF data centre
- ThinkOn sit on the Veeam advisory board and bring a strong and direct relationship with Veeam to further improve our service
- ThinkOn will be working with Datanet to provide enhanced levels of Veeam services and support round the clock
- You can now also backup your Office 365 Email, OneDrive and Sharepoint, click here to see our “Why ever would I want to backup Office 365”
- Remember, when you take Veeam Cloud Connect or Veeam Office 365 from Datanet your data stays in the UK in Datanet’s ISO27001 UK data centre
- Quick Installation: Veeam Cloud Connect is simple to set up, you can start backing up in minutes
- Test Restores Anytime: You have full control over restore procedures, restore a single file or a whole VM with only a few clicks
- Eliminate the Tape: Veeam Cloud Connect eliminates the complex, time-consuming and difficult restore procedures of tape-based backup solutions
- WAN Acceleration: Veeam’s WAN accelerator caches components of your backup data to significantly increase transfer speeds
- Expand When You Need It: Veeam Cloud Connect allows you to build a repository exactly to your specifications and can adapt to changing requirements
- Security – End-to-End Encryption: Administrators can enable encryption on backup copy jobs to protect your data from start to finish
- Security – Ensure Data Durability: Having a copy of backup files offsite ensures that your data is accessible regardless of what happens
- Security – Disaster Recovery Options: In an emergency, we can re-build your production environment with your Veeam Backup data as part of your business continuity plan
Veeam Availability Suite 10 – watch the video of the launch event