ARK Farnborough now open to small and large businesses – thanks to Datanet at ARK
The big 47U racks at Datanet together with the very generous dual 10Gb bandwidth and the huge power capability of dual 32Amp (~8kW) help you get the most out of your IT and associated hardware.
Walking around we see the perimeter security fences around the entire estate and secondary high security anti climb fences around the individul data centre buildings with 24×7 security patrolling the estate and the individual data halls.
The main features and benefits
• High Security, anti climb perimeter fences, 24×7 security both patrolling facility and in the data halls, our new facility is built to Banking standards and Government “official” security standards
• Access – multi factor authentication together with 24×7 on site security provides better/easier/safer and more secure customer access whenever you need it
• Resilience / Uptime – The A101 data centre infrastructure has been developed and tested as a Tier III Data Centre (in line with the principles of the Uptime Institute of America’s Tier Classification and Performance Standard, supported by TIA 942).
• Resilience / Uptime – With more carriers, newer generators, latest UPS’s and modern low PUE cooling systems with seasonal free cooling. Datanet customer racks will be across 2 halls, each with their own independent energy centres for resilient power and resilient cooling
• Efficiency & Renewables – Newer, cleaner more efficient “Blade Room” cooling and “near Unity” UPS systems improving your carbon footprint and any sustainability and environmental initiatives you may be pursuing, more on this further below (note: the Blade Room UK designed, developed and produced high efficiency cooling system together with in-rack controls of air-flow blockers dramatically improve cooling efficiency)
• The high efficiency Blade Room cooling also means that high density power racks can be located anywhere in the data rooms, as standard we have dual 8kW and this can be taken up to dual 16kW, 32kW even 64kW racks
• Multiple carriers on site – more bandwidth and a choice of more carriers for Internet transit and private fibre circuits. Already on site are: BT, Virgin Media, Lumen (Centurylink), Neos (SSE), COLT, Vodafone, Zayo, Verizon, Cogent, GTT. Datanet already have cross connects in place with several of these carriers
• This means that all Datanet at ARK full/47U racks now come with dual resilient 10Gb as standard (presented as CAT6a copper, including 90TB Data Transfer per month, equivalent to ~300Mb CDR committed data rate per month). The racks are super large 47U x 800mm wide x 1200mm deep so great space for even the largest devices, great for cable management too. And to cap it off, all full racks come with dual ~32A (~8kW) feeds as standard with 8A minimum commitment
• Fire suppression – VESDA very early smoke detection alarm together with two knock gas fire suppression
• Business location, at the heart of the Farnborough business community with Cody Technology Park and Farnborough international airport as neighbours and many other businesses with their UK & European head quarters nearby
• London Edge data centre, only 15 miles outside the M25 and at the crossroads of Hampshire, Surrey and Berkshire (ARK Farnborough, Cody Park South Gate, Old Ively Road, Farnborough, GU14 0LH)
• Future proof – Datanet has a 15 year lease with options to extend, we are here for the long term
More about the Sustainability, Renewables and our/your Carbon Footprint:
• Does Datanet at ARK use renewable energy across the Farnborough site? Yes, we use 100% REGO backed renewable energy
• Does Datanet at ARK have a carbon offset programme? Yes, ARK are members of the Climate Neutral Data Centre Pact
• Does Datanet at ARK have a carbon net zero target? Yes, as part of the above pact ARK have committed to being carbon neutral by 2030.
• How else can Datanet at ARK help with our carbon reduction goals? you can read the ARK Sustainability Data Sheet, ARK are eliminating diesel in our generators, reducing water consumption, maintaining the lowest PUE’s, using renewable energy, reducing waste and supporting biodiversity
What is the ARK data centre address?
•ARK Data Centres, Building A101, Cody Park South Gate, Old Ively Road, Farnborough, GU14 0LH
Tip: From M3/J4a, head towards Farnborough and at the BMW roundabout do a U-turn to join Kennels Lane and then from the end of Kennels Lane turn right at the Whittle roundabout into Old Ively Road, then past the couple cottages on your right and on to the main ARK entrance. From Farnborough, follow Elles Rd and go straight through the Sir Frank Whittle roundabout (with the memorial jet) to Ively Road and then through the small roundabout on to the Whittle roundabout and straight through, past the couple of cottages on your right, to the main ARK entrance.
For more address details and maps please read our post Main Entrance for 24 x 7 Access
• Postal Address: Datanet.co.uk Limited, PO Box 1124, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 9UD, Tel. 01252 810010, firstname.lastname@example.org
Reviewing their new racks in the Datanet at ARK data centre
Garry and Matt from Coretek (L&R) and Conleth from Datanet
Coretek provide managed IT support solutions, helping businesses better use technology to achieve their goals and deliver a greater return on investment. Coretek are upgrading their existing racks at Datanet to our new high security high availability ARK data centre
Coretek’s new racks are required to deliver high availability cloud and IT services whilst also meeting their customers’ requirements for environmentally responsible carbon reduction.
Why choose Datanet to host and look after your IT
- Probably the finest data centre in the UK with 2 data halls fed by independent energy centres, independent cooling systems and multiple carriers on site
- Secure facility meeting Government “official” standards together with 24×7 security on site
- Rest assured that the friendly, helpful and reliable people at Datanet are here to continue to look after you with Datanet engineers on site to support your Racks and Hosting
- Your IT in private dedicated rack space in this class leading M3 data centre
- Extend your office LAN out to the data centre with Gigabit connection from as little as £499 pm (subject to location and survey)
- Rack Hosting complemented by work space and meeting rooms
- Include a FortiGate Enterprise class next generation firewall for maximum protection
- Read the full FortiGate 100F datasheet here and the Gartner Magic Quadrant report here
To find out more about how Datanet can help, call Jeremy or Conleth on 01252 810010, or email email@example.com or simply fill out the form below and we will be in touch.