Welcome to the duel of jewels! Nutanix v VMware. Here at Datanet we have been providing VMware Hosting for many years and more recently Nutanix Hosting so with this in mind let’s take a look at the history of these contenders to the throne.
Founded in 1998, VMware has been a long-standing organization in the world of software. Throughout the years, it has delivered cloud computing and virtualization software and services. And in 1999, they became one of the first organizations to introduce virtualization technology to the x86 computing platform.
In May 1999, VMware launched its first-ever product: Workstation (now offered as Workstation Pro). From there, the organization entered the server market in 2001 with the hosted server, VMware GSK, and the hostless server, VMware ESK.
The most notable products in VMware’s product library are its hypervisors. Because it became well-known for its first type-2 hypervisor, GSX, that product has now branched out into two hypervisor product lines: Type 1 hardware-running hypervisors and type 2 hosted hypervisors.
In 2008, VMware underwent a leadership shift, replacing their existing CEO and losing the company’s co-founder and chief scientist that same year.
Around that same time, the idea of Nutanix was starting to form, with the official launch occurring in 2009. In those early years, the vision for Nutanix was to invent a better way to build and manage datacenters. And within the first year, Nutanix did invent a new market for hyperconverged infrastructructure (HCI), thanks to Nutanix Acropolis and Prism. With the advent of that new category, many businesses followed suit with their own HCI solution—VMware included.
Throughout its time in the market, Nutanix has achieved many victories. In 2018, SAP HANA was certified to run in production on AHV, Nutanix’s hypervisor. For 5 years running, Nutanix has maintained a 90+ Net Promoter Score (NPS). And with its feet in over 160 countries worldwide, it has grown up from its “start up” status.
And while both organizations do offer their own HCI solutions, each with the expressed goal to simplify datacenter operations, deliver automation, and more, inevitably, crucial differences between the two cannot be overlooked.
While the architectural differences are important to explore, both companies’ customer-facing skills should be briefly discussed, too. According to the Net Promoter Score, a measurement of customer loyalty and willingness to return to and recommend a company, both companies receive good-to-great scores. VMware’s score of 45 ranks close to the industry average of 56, whereas Nutanix’s score of 92 is remarkably higher than both the average and other organizations in the industry.
Get your Nutanix Hosting at Datanet
To learn more about why Nutanix is the private cloud of choice join Datanet at the .NEXT event
Location: Old Billingsgate, United Kingdom
Date: Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Join us at .Next on Tour in London to:
· Hear from industry experts on which organisations are winning and losing and why.
· Which industries face peril and how the best within them are growing like never before.
· Understand the Nutanix vision and roadmap that provides a path to delivering digital transformation.
· Hear from customers who’ve climbed the mountain and are now reaping the benefits
· See the technology itself – no promises on charts, just the software shown live
· Enjoy a great day, with guest speakers, and a plethora of unique experiences
So, if 2020 brings renewed questions on how to deliver a real digital strategy, then join us at .NEXT on Tour. Who knows, you may even have some fun as well!
Get your Nutanix Hosting at Datanet in our UK secure, modern, accommodating and helpful M3 data centre
Why choose Datanet to host and look after your Nutanix
- Engineers on site to support your Nutanix Hosting
- Nutanix Hosting in private dedicated rack space in our M3 data centre
- We specialise in Nutanix HyperConverged Infrastructure
- Backups across our UK data centres from 5p a GB (as little as £50 per TB)
- Extend your office LAN out to the data centre with Gigabit connection from as little as £499 pm (subject to location and survey)
- Nutanix Hosting complemented by desk space, work space, BC/DR space and meeting rooms
- Include a FortiGate Enterprise class next generation firewall for maximum protection
- Read the full FortiGate 100F datasheet here and the Gartner Magic Quadrant report here
To find out more about how Datanet can help, call Jeremy or Conleth on 01252 810010, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply fill out the form below and we will be in touch.