Unlike many other facilities we own our own data centre and we have our own VMware, Linux and Cisco engineers on site. We have meeting rooms that you can use for data migrations and initial data seeds and we are happy to do data centre tours for you and your customers. We also have a full suite of connectivity solutions starting with private DSL terminated in your rack through to EFM and fibre all the way up to 10Gb.
- 1.5MVA dedicated sub-station with dual HV feed from National Grid
- Power Utlilisation effectiveness ( PUE) rating 1.5
- 2500Amp x 3 phase dedicated LV panel, all Merlin Gerin & Schneider switch gear
- Data centre ranked amongst highest Amps/Kw per M2 in UK
- Multiple modular (near unity) UPS, Powerwave 9000 DPA, with 99.9999% reliability and uptime
- Generators with 1 week of oil supply capable of supporting full building load
- 790 M2 Hi-Tech building with 395M2. technical space
- 108 racks with dual 32Amp (dual 8kW) diverse supplies per rack
- Electrostatic discharge heavy duty data floor with earth bonding every 9M2
- Multiple N+1 Denco CRAC (computer room air conditioning) highly efficientcooling system
- Contained cold aisle solution, cold air plenum above racks, organised high efficiency cooling
- HiCoP (high co-efficient of performance) Mitsubishi background cooling with seasonal free cooling
- Fresh air system with Lossnay heat exchangers on both floors
Fire & Smoke Detection
- Honeywell 20 zone digital addressable fire alarm panel
- Intelligent XP95 optical smoke detectors
- Xtralis VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) system along each row of racks
- Xtralis VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) system around Denco cooling units
- Automatic fire brigade callout at first knock
- Sixteen internal and external cameras, images recorded, kept for 90 days and available over IP
- All doors have electronic locks and are centrally controlled and monitored
- Secure building with window grilles and shuttering
- 2.1M high security palisade fencing around perimeter
- ISO27001 & ISO9001 certified
- Regular (24×7) security patrols
- Separate Telco room with diverse Juniper switches
- Diverse and separately routed multiple 10Gb fibre connections from Virgin Media, Level 3 and Zayo.
- Racks have twin 1Gb Ethernet links to dual Juniper core switches with resilient multiple 10Gb fibre connections back to our London data centres
- On-site engineering and facilities support team including VMware certified VCP’s and VSP’s
- Technical build area, adjacent to data floor
- Services available on site: Backup & Recovery support, Network support, VMware support, Linux support, ADSL connectivity, private circuits, DSL, server rentals/installs, firewall/router/switch rentals/installs
- Remote hands support
- Accept and store client deliveries
- London Edge Data Centre
- 1 mile from J4A of the M3
- Ample visitor parking
- Secure business park location
- Fleet railway station – half hourly services to London Waterloo, 50 minute journey time
15 minutes by car to M25 J12 and 25 minutes to Heathrow, less than an hour’s drive from central London (off peak)
- A map with directions to Aspen House
Additional Data Centres
In addition, Datanet also has London data centre facilities in two of the UK’s leading data centres Telehouse and Telecity, both in London’s Docklands. All offer state of the art hosting facilities to ensure maximum security for your servers and data.
All our data centres offer the high standards expected of award-winning facilities, with advanced services backed by market leading Service Level Agreements. With Datanet looking after your servers, you can rest assured that they are housed in a highly secure and resilient environment.
All our data centres have the following features:
- Secure Reception: Entry to the data centre is gained via zone-specific personal security passes which are used for both entry and exit providing for anti-tailgating and anti-passback levels of security.
- CCTV Cameras: Colour CCTV cameras are sited throughout the exterior and interior of the building.
- Proprietary Cabling Structure: Diverse fibre routing available from several carriers. Fully established truncated internal cable network. Incorporating enclosed and protected Telco room with redundant bandwidth delivery.
- Air Conditioning: The air conditioning system is configured with 100% built-in redundancy. Effectively, only half of the air conditioning units are required to support the data centre at maximum occupancy.
- Uninterrupted Power Supply: Should mains supply fail at any time, a series of battery powered UPSes already in circuit, powers all the hosted equipment. On-site generators provide mains power back up with sufficient fuel capacity to maintain full power for up to 4 days with contracts in place to supply diesel same day.