Datanet’s Tier 3+ Data Centre: perfect for cloud-server hosting
Our Fleet HQ Data Centre is a high-powered, cost-effective energy efficient environment, ideal for business class hosting. We manage the core infrastructure of your distributed cloud network via resilient links to our other Data Centres.
- 1.5MVA dedicated sub-station with dual HV feed from National Grid
- 2500Amp x 3 phase dedicated LV panel, all Merlin Gerin & Schneider switch gear
- Data centre ranked amongst highest Amps/Kw per sq. ft. in UK
- Multiple modular (near unity) UPS, Powerwave 9000 DPA, with 99.9999% reliability and uptime
- Generators with 4 days of oil supply capable of supporting full building load
- 8500 sq.ft. Hi-Tech building with 4250 sq.ft. technical space
- Phase1 completed June ’08, Phase2 completed November ’09, Phase3 completed September ’10
- 112 racks with dual 32Amp (dual 8kW) diverse supplies per rack
- Electrostatic discharge heavy duty data floor with earth bonding every 9M²
- Multiple N+1 Denco CRAC (computer room air conditioning) cooling system
- Contained cold aisle solution, cold air plenum above racks, organised high efficiency cooling
- High performance and high efficiency Denco with seasonal free cooling
- HiCoP (high co-efficient of performance) Mitsubishi background cooling
- Fresh air system with Lossnay heat exchangers on both floors
Fire & Smoke Detection
- Honeywell 20 zone digital addressable fire alarm panel
- Intelligent XP95 optical smoke detectors
- Xtralis VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) system along each row of racks
- Xtralis VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) system around Denco cooling units
- On-site DC staff and security trained on basic fire fighting
- Automatic fire brigade callout at first knock
- Sixteen internal and external IP cameras, images recorded and available over IP
- All doors have electronic locks and are centrally controlled and monitored
- Secure building with window grilles and shuttering
- 2.1M high security palisade fencing around perimeter
- ISO 27001 & ISO 9001 Certified, PCI DSS Sect. 9 in progress
- Regular (24×7) security patrols
- Separate Telco room with diverse Cisco 6509 switches
- Diverse and separately routed multiple Gigabit fibre connections from BT, NEOS, Virgin Media and Global Crossing
- Racks connected via Cisco 3560G-24TS top-of-rack switch providing twin 1Gb Ethernet links to dual Cisco Catalyst 6509 core switches with resilient multiple Gigabit fibre connections back to our London data centres
- On-site engineering and facilities support team including VMware certified VCP’s and VSP’s
- Technical build area, adjacent to data floor
- Services available on site: Cisco support, VMware support, LINUX support, ADSL connectivity, private circuits, DSL, server rentals/installs, firewall/router/switch rentals/installs
- Remote hands support
- Accept and store client deliveries
- 1 mile from J4A of the M3
- Ample visitor parking
- Secure business park location
- Fleet railway station – half hourly services to London Waterloo, 50 minute journey time
15 minutes by car to M25 J12 and 25 minutes to Heathrow, less than an hour’s drive from central London (off peak)
- A map with directions to Aspen House
Download our Data Centre Data Sheet
Additional Data Centres
In addition, Datanet also has data centre facilities in three of the UK’s leading data centres, Equinix in Heathrow, and Telehouse and Telecity, both in London’s Docklands. All offer state of the are hosting facilities to ensure maximum security for your servers and data.
All four data centres offer the high standards expected of award-winning facilities, with advanced services backed by market leading Service Level Agreements. With Datanet looking after your servers, you can rest assured that they are housed in a highly secure and resilient environment.
All our data centres have the following features:
- Secure Reception: Entry to the data centre is gained via zone-specific personal security passes which are used for both entry and exit providing for anti-tailgating and anti-passback levels of security.
- CCTV Cameras: Colour CCTV cameras are sited throughout the exterior and interior of the building.
- Proprietary Cabling Structure: Diverse fibre routing available from several carriers. Fully established truncated internal cable network. Incorporating enclosed and protected Telco room with redundant bandwidth delivery.
- Air Conditioning: The air conditioning system is configured with 100% built-in redundancy. Effectively, only half of the air conditioning units are required to support the data centre at maximum occupancy.
- Uninterrupted Power Supply: Should mains supply fail at any time, a series of battery powered UPS’s already in circuit powers all the hosted equipment. On-site generators provide mains power back up with sufficient fuel capacity to maintain full power for up to 4 days with contracts in place to supply diesel same day.