Why was achieving ISO 9001:2008 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 so important to Datanet?
The provision of hosting, connectivity and communications services carries huge responsibility. Datanet wanted to demonstrate its commitment to providing the highest quality services to all its customers and stakeholders and considered that obtaining ISO certification for these standards was the ultimate way to confirm this commitment.
It is important that we are able to show how we ensure the safeguarding of our stakeholders data and information assets from all threats. The success of this safeguarding and of our business and our reputation is dependent on all staff members committing to, fully understanding and implementing the policies in place to make it work.
Datanet is committed to quality:
- To be regarded as an example of “being the best we can be” in our industry
- For our customers and stakeholders to have confidence in our business processes, the way we do things and the way we look after all stakeholder data and information assets ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability
- To have a recognisable business advantage in a competitive marketplace
- To be more efficient, leading to a higher quality of work/life balance and motivation
- To comply with business, legal and regulatory and contractual requirements including our Terms & Conditions and Service Level Agreement
- To continuously improve quality, reduce risk and provide such a positive experience that customers want to do business with us, they want to be ‘”customers for life”
Quality Management System – ISO 9001:2008
Datanet has in place a management system designed specifically to ensure that procedures are followed. This provides consistency and efficiency between departments while regular internal auditing monitors the effectiveness of these procedures. This ongoing process provides opportunities to further improve the quality of service we deliver.
How does this benefit you as a Datanet Customer?
Customer care and client retention remain high on Datanet’s agenda. In a statement, Datanet’s Managing Director, Conleth McCallan said, “Being awarded ISO 9001 confirms Datanet’s commitment to the ongoing improvement of the service we enjoy delivering to our customers and to our goal of ‘getting I.T. right first time’.”
Information Security Management System – ISO/IEC 27001:2013
Datanet had to demonstrate that any security threats (this included physical, electronic, building, data, environment etc.) were identified and appropriate controls put in place to alleviate the effects of them. The information and data security principles of ISO 27001 are; confidentiality, integrity and availability. As with ISO 9001, our internal auditing for ISO 27001 is a continuous process to guarantee constant improvement.
How does this benefit you as a Datanet customer?
Data security is of paramount importance to businesses large and small. ISO 27001 provides recognition of the standard of data security demonstrated by certified companies. Datanet has always applied and will continue to apply the most stringent levels of security for the protection of data that is entrusted to the company. Our customers have peace of mind that any information, data or equipment entrusted to Datanet is in good, secure hands.