A career enhancing opportunity for an experienced ISP and Hosting Technical Support Engineer. Datanet, the longest serving, award winning UK ISP is expanding and upgrading it’s hosting and network infrastructure and portfolio of services and is looking for an exceptional technical support engineer to support our services and customers. We are looking for an energetic, personable and enthusiastic engineer to deliver a high quality support and provisioning service. You will combine excellent customer service with a broad range of hosting and connectivity skills and preferably some formal qualification e.g. VMware VCP, CCNA etc.
The Technical Support Engineer will work closely with the rest of the Datanet team to provide outstanding support to our large and varied customer base which will involve some shift work. Reporting directly to the Senior Network Engineer, you will be developing, implementing and maintaining our technical services, and provide guidance and support to further develop those around you.
You should be experienced in some of the below areas, and have a keen and self-starting attitude to continue learning about new technologies:
- VMware and vSphere experience, preferably a current VCP
- IP networks, basic configuration experience of Cisco or Juniper routers, switches and firewalls to CCNA standard
- Windows Server 2008/2012, SQL along with storage experience (SAN, EqualLogic, EMC VNX)
- Linux, PHP, MySQL experience along with other ISP services such as DNS (BIND), Radius (FreeRadius)
Personal and Communication Skills:
- Good listening and comprehension skills
- An open and clear communicator, both written and verbal
- Excellent technical knowledge and interest with strong analytical skills
- Willing to update your own knowledge and skills and those around you
Reasoning and Problem Solving:
- Solid understanding of how systems and technologies interrelate with each other
- Service orientated approach, providing prompt and efficient customer service
- Recognising issues and reacting quickly and effectively to resolve them
You will ideally be located less than 40 minutes from our Fleet (M3/J4a) head office and data centre. You will be primarily based at our head office and will be required to occasionally visit customer sites or our Docklands data centres.
Are you the right person?
Datanet has a goal to be the Private Cloud provider of choice for UK business over the next five years, can you help us on this exciting journey? Do you have the technical and commercial skills, tenacity and drive to really make the difference? This is a career step to a senior position at Datanet and a great opportunity for the right candidate to develop both technically as well as their leadership and management skills.
In the first instance please email your CV to My.Future@datanet.co.uk explaining why you are the exceptional candidate for this role.