Senior Network Engineer with (preferably) ISP or Telecoms skills, tomorrow’s Chief Technical Officer ?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced network engineer preferably with ISP & Carrier network skills or experience working in the Telecoms ISP sector. Datanet, the longest serving, award winning UK ISP is expanding its IP Network and Hosting portfolio and is looking for an exceptional network engineer, based out of and working from our Fleet (GU51 2UT) data centre and occasionally visiting customer sites and our two London data centres. An exciting career opportunity to be the technical lead for this well-established ISP and Cloud Hosting provider.
You will be an experienced network engineer with some man management experience or aspire to a man management role, a strategic thinker helping to develop and give guidance on our technology strategy. Your hands-on role will be to design, develop, build, enhance and manage our carrier grade network and associated technologies You will have a very good working knowledge of all areas of networking within a ISP or Telecoms environment (e.g. routing, switching, load balancing, firewalls etc.), JNCIE or CCNP or equivalent experience along with experience in an IP networking environment, Routing, Switching, Firewalls. In addition, though not essential, Hosting and VMware experience would be a real bonus.
Your primary duties will be to:
- Ensure the continued reliable and efficient operation of our network infrastructure and systems
- Design and implement new core network routing and switching and firewalls
- Assist in negotiation of Carrier Relations in Transit, Peering, Private Circuits, MPLS, Broadband etc.
- Provision equipment and systems both on customer site and in our data centres
- Provide 3rd level support (1st and 2nd level occasionally) both internally and externally
- Provide guidance and advice to sales, marketing and other departments as required
- Provide guidance, direction and advice to the management team on strategy and technology
- Take responsibility for your team with the desire to own issues through to resolution, willing to learn new technologies and to allow your job and career to develop accordingly along with maintaining current and achieving further academic qualifications
Salary commensurate with this senior network role + pension, great workplace, great facilities, training and other benefits, salary range depends on skills and experience. Are you the right person? Datanet has a goal to be the private cloud provider of choice in the UK over the next five years, can you help us on this exciting journey? Do you have the technical, management and commercial skills, strategies, vision, tenacity and drive to really make the difference and help grow the business? This role is a senior technical (and in time managerial) position at Datanet reporting directly to the Managing Director, in the first instance please email the MD at My.Future@datanet.co.uk explaining why you are the exceptional candidate for this role.