Infrastructure Technical Lead with VMware, Server, Storage and Networking skills, tomorrow’s Chief Technical Officer ?
Datanet, one of the UK’s longest established ISP’s, is looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer with virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V), Server, SAN & Storage, Networking and Security skills, preferably from a hosting or ISP environment, to offer 3rd line support for our network and data centre services. Datanet is a well established ISP and has an oportunity for the right candidate to take the lead in helping Datanet pursue and implement our technology strategy for growth. Are you the right person? Can you help us on this exciting growth journey? Is this the challenge you want? Are you up for it and can you deliver?
We are looking for an energetic, personable and enthusiastic senior member of the TechTeam to ensure the delivery and quality of our technical systems. You will combine excellent customer service and communication skills with a broad knowledge of ISP and Hosting technologies together with sound commercial judgement. A background in an ISP or Hosting provider environment is preferable and any formal qualification (e.g. VCP, CCNx, RHCE etc) would be a real bonus.
The Infrastructure Technical Lead will work closely with the rest of the Datanet team to ensure our systems and technical infrastructure is robust, secure and well maintained in order to deliver an outstanding service to our customers. You will take a lead in developing, implementing and maintaining our technical services, and provide guidance and support to other team members. This could be a senior management role, in time, for the right person.
You should be experienced in some of the below areas, and have a keen and self-starting attitude to continue learning about new technologies.
- Experience with VMware vSphere and preferably a current VCP (Hyper-V also good)
- SAN and Storage experience (EMC VNX, Dell EqualLogic) will be advantageous
- Experience with traditional ISP services: DNS (BIND), Radius (FreeRadius), Mail (Exim and CourierIMAP)
- Good understanding of IP networks including configuration experience of routers and firewalls is advantageous (primarily Cisco and Juniper equipment)
- Good knowledge of Linux (e.g. Debian) Apache web servers, MySQL (utilising NDB), and NFS
Personal and Communication Skills:
- Good communicator, both written and verbal
- Interest in keeping abreast of current and future technologies
- Enjoy problem solving within a live environment and under pressure
- Commercially aware with some management skills would be an advantage
- Service oriented approach, providing prompt and efficient customer service
You will ideally be located less than an hour from our Fleet (M3/J4a) head office and data centre. You will be primarily based at our head office, but will be required to occasionally visit customer sites or our Docklands data centres and the role will involve some shift work.
Are you the right person?
Salary commensurate with this senior team leader role + pension, great workplace, great facilities, training and other benefits, salary range depends on skills and experience. Are you the right person? Datanet has a goal to be the private cloud provider of choice in the UK over the next five years, can you help us on this exciting journey? Do you have the technical, management and commercial skills, strategies, vision, tenacity and drive to really make the difference and help grow the business? This role is a senior technical (and in time managerial) position at Datanet reporting directly to the Managing Director, in the first instance please email the MD at My.Future@datanet.co.uk explaining why you are the exceptional candidate for this role.